Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 68 - The End

I am leaving India today. I hate goodbyes. They confuse me; I don't think my brain knows how to to fully compute the given situation; and that's probably true for most people. Just as it is unnatural for the mind to understand death - to fully comprehend the idea of permanently leaving this world - so it is unnatural to be leaving particular people or places temporarily, but on a smaller scale, of course. Saying goodbyes is like momentarily meeting death, or rather, momentarily acknowledging death and impermanence. It's defiant acceptance of the inevitable; and I don't particularly like that. We weren't meant to live this way.  

Farewell India. 
America is on the horizon.

4 comments:

jgkunkel said...

I feel like a fool, I just realized you were blogging about your summer this whole time... I didn't even know you had internet

Hope Ekholm said...

I'm not a sell out! Besides you're a fake blogger...you never blog.

Hope Ekholm said...

well. You should still read my tumblr reguardless.

Hope Ekholm said...

I made a thing where you can leave comments