Friday, June 13, 2008

A Nameless Poem

Can you sense the whispers I send you
During the silvery waters of the night,
When I am on the eve
Of sleep
And the moon is singing sonorously at my side?
Tell me, is it possible that the distance between our lips
Is only a lie -
That tender words can travel by the eyes of desire,
Where time's grip does not hold sway
The hushed streams of affections
I speak into the moon's liberal light?

I wonder: do they stir your thoughts
When you are deep in the jungles of sleep?
Do they cause your heart to clap and hammer
Like the hooves of a horse racing over open countryside?
Do your eyelashes begin to tingle with titillating tremors
For an unsung love?

Yet, I must say, it is only when the moon puts me to rest
And I slip
Into its gentle silvery light, where dreams are made,
That I behold the burdened rivers of my love
Emptying
Into your still and moonlit sea,
And see
That on the wings of desire, flying over a singing moon,
Your faint whispers reach my attentive ears
And my steady beating heart
Too.

No comments: