Friday, March 13, 2009

I Can Feel It Comin' Down

I wrote a song yesterday. Kind of out of the ordinary. It's pretty average, but I kind of like it noetheless. There are bunch of little kids in the library right now. And my day just got a little brighter.
Here are the lyrics. And as a side note: writing lyrics is so different from writing poetry.


I Can Feel It Comin' Down


I can feel it comin' down
But my eyes are locked tight to the floor
My soul thirsts for a morsel of your love


The clouds are openin' up their doors
To shed some light down on my face
It's hard to look up when I know there's only grace


Please Lord, don't let me throw this life away
Like scraps thrown to crows in the cold.
I hear your voice callin' me back home


I'm scared how many wars I'll have to face
Before I get to be with you
Sin hits hard, and the blood runs so much too


The road is getting far too steep
My bones crack loud with every step
But I know it's all right to be the one in my own shoes


Well, I've grown tired of myself
This world, these tired dreams, and everything
Restore my life, and the joy of your salvation

2 comments:

Adrian Martinez said...

I cant wait to hear it. Every time I sit down to work on a song I wish you were there to help me. Seriously.

Hope Ekholm said...

Reading it won't be the same as listening to it.