Thursday, August 14, 2008

So we got whales, horses, suns, birds, flowers, angels, and the world coming to an apocalyptic end. Just the usual.

The Eyes’ Living Depths

I give in to your eyes,
And I reach into their living depths.

In them I traverse the oceans on the backs of Blue Whales
Gliding from continent to continent.
In them I feel the rumble of wild horses
Racing up my neck,

Their glistening manes rippling with rapture
In the crisp morning wind.
The flags of dawn. 
Freedom.

In them I hear the song I’ve always needed to hear;
The song where I find the strength and love to release my life
Into the spiraling notes of your bright, healing voice -
Sonorous. Prodigious. Emancipating. 
Beauty unfolding endlessly. 

In them, I find that I am not alone,
And can at last breathe deep
Because I am at rest.


Suns and Birds

I drift through suns young and old.
The ancient fires I clasp in the palms of my fleshly hands. 

I return to reach the floors of Earth’s proudest oceans
And there plant the infernal coals, as seeds,
In the blackest sands of the blackest waters
Where flowers from suns can take root, and grow.

Grow, full of wrath and bitter sleeplessness.

Also, I swallow the soft, feeble breaths of birds asleep 
In the early mornings of winters,
When all seems frozen and distant, even the sun.

I give these breaths to angels for heavenly flight,
So that when flowers from suns break the surface
Of unsuspecting waters, and blossom,
Their pollen all ablaze and crazed, drifting,
Illuminating everything!
The angels I blessed with breaths
Will have the strength to carry me home
While the world is left burning on end.

No comments: